One of the biggest IT companies in the world headquartered in the US with 400-strong global legal and compliance team.
Found Legal placed an 8 PQE counsel trilingual in English, French and German who previously worked both in private practice and in-house at a Fortune 10 e-commerce company. A tech savvy lawyer with a varied technology background including mapping, virtual reality and Web services used to engaging at high level both in Sales and Legal.
Two years later, the new team member is still happily employed by the business evoking excellent feedback from the managing Legal Directors and internal business clients.
- Draft, negotiate and process contracts with enterprise customers: direct sale, RFP / RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements.
- Responsibility for named customers accounts headquartered in France with operations in EMEAR and the Americas.
- Provide advice and contract interpretation to senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business
- Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
- Review, analyse and maintain standard contracts and other business documents
- Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional process improvement teams
Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting sales of technology products and services to enterprise level customers. Knowledge of commercial, contract and business law, as well as knowledge of data protection and privacy law, IP and antitrust law; experience with revenue recognition principles. Significant direct experience negotiating complex business transactions.
- Full fluency in English and French with the ability to draft and negotiate in both languages