Legal Counsel with City firm background joins US tech giant from a BPaaS / SaaS based IT service management solutions provider in Reading.
- Draft, negotiate and process contracts with enterprise customers: direct sale, RFP / RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements.
- Responsibility for named customers accounts within UK&I including FTSE 50 businesses
- Provide advice and contract interpretation to senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business
- Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
- Review, analyse and maintain standard contracts and other business documents
- Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional process improvement teams
Skills and Experience
Experience supporting sales of technology products and services to enterprise level customers. Knowledge of commercial, contract and business law, as well as knowledge of data protection and privacy law, IP and antitrust law; experience with revenue recognition principles. Significant direct experience negotiating complex business transactions.
The new team member started in their role in April 2019. As of today, they are still happily employed by the business (similar to all permanent placement we have made within the last 3 years).