A recognised top 15 global IT company headquartered in Europe, #1 leader in their sector with 20,000 employees. An exciting place to work offering excellent work-life balance, diverse multicultural environment and cutting edge tech legal work.
Found Legal placed a 6 PQE technology lawyer qualified in France with top private practice training and 5 years of in-house experience as a digital lawyer at a major international business handling IT / digital / privacy / e-commerce/ SaaS matters.
Fully fluent in five languages – French, English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
The candidate relocated from Switzerland.
The Legal Department needed an experienced technology lawyer to join the office in Spain. The team were looking for someone passionate about working in one of the tech world’s premier companies close to the commercial team and senior management and acting as a true business partner advising on a diverse portfolio of products and services.
Of importance were great business rapport building skills and strong business insight as well as the ability to work in a fast-moving company, travel internationally and speak multiple languages including French and English.
Reporting into Global Head of Legal, the role offered a lot of responsibility providing legal and contractual support to this technology business:
- Responsibility for varied range of issues including strategic accounts and / or vendor and supplier management
- Creating strategic solutions to key legal issues
- Negotiate and draft complex agreements (software, services, outsourcing, supplier, vendor, consultancy, technology licensing and development agreements)
- Provide key support on litigation, data protection and regulatory issues
- Advise top management on strategic legal risks
- Instruct and manage external counsel
- Oversee capturing of know-how, provide training on areas of expertise and supervise more junior team members
The new team member started in their role in May 2019. As of today, they are still happily employed by the business (similar to all permanent placement we have made within the last 3 years).
Thinking of a new role?
Register with us to hear about new in-house legal career opportunities (with or without a CV).
Can we help you fill a gap in your in-house legal team? Get in touch for high caliber candidates.