12 PQE England & Wales qualified lawyer with 8 years of experience as data protection and privacy counsel at another Fortune 100 business.
- Contributing to our ongoing mission to create a world-class privacy and security legal organisation for the company
- Spearheading legal support for company’s compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR
- Leading a team of internal and/or external Privacy/Security advisors in EMEA
- Counselling clients on all aspects of domestic and international laws concerning privacy, data security, and cyber security
- Assisting business teams on incorporating privacy by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy solutions from inception to end-of-life
- Advising business teams on various types of privacy plans, compliance, data security and data breach management
- Providing privacy and security due diligence and integration for acquired companies
- Researching and tracking global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations and enforcement and translating that into practical advice
- Training employees and other attorneys on privacy and security legal compliance
- Working with the Global Public Policy team, other attorneys, the Privacy Office, and other colleagues as necessary, regarding new laws, regulations, and guidelines that may affect the business.
Candidate’s Skills and Experience
Experience in implementing and maintaining Pan-European data protection programme including audits and follow up, training, developing guidance on specific areas, drafting and negotiating contractual clauses, data transfer model terms, processing agreements, engaging with Regulatory Authorities and providing general advice and recommendations on all areas of privacy and data protection. Experience in leading on GDPR implementation project. Drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial and data processor agreements with customers and suppliers.