Please note: this position has been filled and is no longer available. If you would like to be notified of similar opportunities, please register here.
Senior In-House Privacy Career Opportunity
Senior strategic privacy role with a global remit, reporting directly into Global Head of privacy of a multinational IT giant. Supervising privacy lawyers / professionals / external counsel, budget responsibility.
A global multi-billion IT business that is growing fast offering opportunities for development and career progression for their in-house counsel. The company is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and has a strong focus on AI and analytics, digital engineering, IoT, process automation etc. This is a great time to join the business as it is going through its next stage of innovation and growth, with a particular focus on Europe and the UK.
Central or West London / Bristol / Glasgow / Aberdeen / Flexi / Remote
Or elsewhere across the UK – let me know what works for you.
The global team of 200 professionals includes specialists in commercial and technology law, privacy, employment law, M&A, intellectual property, compliance etc. The culture is professional yet informal, client-first, collaborative, friendly, multicultural, fun and supportive of personal and professional development.
This is a senior strategic privacy role with a global remit reporting directly into Global Head of Privacy of this multinational IT giant. (The exact title will depend on the seniority and experience of the candidate).
- provide strategic advice on global privacy issues
- proactively identify and manage privacy risks
- serve as primary privacy expert for global M&A transactions
- lead privacy due diligence on target companies, review agreements, transaction documents and legal matters and provide advice on associated risks, develop and implement privacy integration plans for acquired businesses
- maintain privacy playbooks and provide training to privacy colleagues and business partners.
- liaise with Senior Management
- engage with commercial contracting, IP, IT, security, HR, tax, finance, accounting and finance departments
- oversee the work of other privacy colleagues and outside privacy counsel
- manage budgets
- 7-17 years of privacy experience (in private practice or in-house) with knowledge of global privacy and cybersecurity laws
- Experience within the technology sector supporting complex deals
- Great timing and opportunities
- Company’s current focus is on further deepening its Cloud, digital engineering, data and IoT proposition. The company is executing against this strategy both with organic investment and targeted M&A’s, with a particular emphasis on the UK and Europe, where it recognises strong market potential – reflected by the CEO of this global company being based in London. This offers unique proximity and exposure to top company management and valuable opportunities for your career.
What you can expect
- Above market salary, bonus and benefits
- High degree of trust and autonomy whilst being part of a collaborative team
- Great manager – caring, supportive and genuine
- Supportive, friendly and fun legal team
- 360 degree learning and development opportunities to further your career
- Opportunities to get involved in pro-bono and charity work as part of your role
- Excellent office locations with great transport links
- Flexible home-office working policy
Your contact is Mila Read, Director of Found Legal. Please apply below or via the Found Legal website.
About Found Legal
Found Legal is an in-house tech legal recruitment agency. We specialise in placing the top 15% of legal talent into technology companies across the UK, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Southeast Asia. If the role / location is not the right fit, please reach out to Mila Read to be notified of other opportunities.