One of the biggest technology product companies in the world.
Found Legal placed a 4 PQE technology lawyer fluent in French and English with an ability to draft and negotiate in both languages. The candidate trained and qualified in private practice and subsequently worked in-house at a major Internet company. Experience included complex high value negotiations, drafting commercial / SaaS contracts as well as data privacy matters, pre-litigation and litigation.
- Draft, negotiate and process contracts with enterprise customers: direct sale, RFP / RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements.
- Responsibility for named customers accounts headquartered in France with operations in EMEAR and the Americas.
- Provide advice and contract interpretation to senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business
- Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
- Review, analyse and maintain standard contracts and other business documents
- Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional process improvement teams
Skills and Experience
- Experience supporting sales of technology products and services to enterprise level customers. Knowledge of commercial, contract and business law, as well as knowledge of data protection and privacy law, IP and antitrust law; experience with revenue recognition principles. Significant direct experience negotiating complex business transactions.
- Full fluency in English and French with the ability to draft and negotiate in both languages
The new team member started in their role early in 2018. They immediately confirmed their reputation as a strong commercial lawyer able to successfully work with a driven sales team handling a variety of stakeholders within this complex multinational organisation.
The candidate has seen been promoted several times, recently moved into the role of a Lead lawyer within a different clients vertical and is working closely with the company’s senior management.