Learn how we match great lawyers with top in-house legal teams in tech.
Success Stories is a regular series all about the talent our clients hire via Found Legal and how we make this happen.
New here? Found Legal is a recruitment agency that helps in-house legal teams in tech hire outstanding lawyers.
What does the employer’s business do?
Our client is a well-known multinational technology corporation headquartered in the US. The company’s hardware, software and services are used all over the world by households and offices.
Who was hired and what was their role?
The team was looking to hire an experienced Privacy and Security lawyer in London reporting to Global Head of Privacy.
After a thorough search and selection process, Found Legal placed a 10 PQE UK qualified lawyer with 6 years of experience as a privacy counsel at another multinational organisation.
- Contributing to team’s ongoing mission to create a world-class privacy and security legal organisation for the company
- Spearheading legal support for company’s compliance with GDPR
- Counselling clients on domestic and international laws concerning privacy, data security, and cyber security
- Assisting business teams on incorporating privacy by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy solutions from inception to end-of-life
- Advising business teams on various types of privacy plans, compliance, data security and data breach management
- Providing privacy and security due diligence and integration for acquired companies
- Researching and tracking global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations and enforcement and translating that into practical advice
- Training employees and other attorneys on privacy and security legal compliance
What was the candidate’s background before being hired?
This 10 PQE E&W qualified lawyer was experienced in:
- implementing and maintaining Pan-European data protection programmes including audits and follow ups
- training and developing guidance on specific areas
- drafting and negotiating contractual clauses, data transfer model terms, processing agreements
- engaging with Regulatory Authorities
- providing general advice and recommendations on all areas of privacy and data protection
- leading on GDPR implementation project, as well as
- drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial and data processor agreements with customers and suppliers.
How successful was this placement long term?
The new team member started in their role in 2018. As of today, they are still employed by the business (as are 99% of lawyers we have placed), having been promoted to a more senior role managing a small team.