Update: this role has been filled. Register with us to hear about similar opportunities in the future.
We are working with a multinational media and communications company with a presence in over 140 countries, who is seeking to hire a talented media lawyer to join their highly respected UK team of 12 lawyers.
The role can be based either in London or Manchester / Leeds / York (there are two legal teas – one in London and another in the North), with flexible home working arrangements.
You will be part of the UK legal team headed by the GC for the UK and Ireland. The GC strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company.
This is a very hands-on commercial legal role where you will be able to assist with all aspects of legal work.
Core work will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with major brands, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production, as well as rolling out new systems and processes for a rapidly growing business.
- become the business partner for a company acting at the cutting edge of the media industry
- provide legal advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- draft, negotiate and advise on commercial agreements (media, advertising, technology, sponsorship agreements etc).
- provide legal support to commercial teams in contractual negotiations
- assist in developing and delivering legal risks training training for senior management
- provide legal support and guidance in relation to strategy and new commercial initiatives
- help to implement best practices in compliance, contracts management, intellectual property, data protection, IT, litigation and/or M&A.
There will be plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility and work with management and international teams as a trusted business advisor.
- Ca. 5 – 7 PQE media lawyer qualified in the UK or Ireland.
What you will get in return
- Competitive package (base salary + bonus + benefits)
- Professional and personal development and training within a well-structured multinational organisation
- Excellent name on your CV
- Being part of working with global household names, brands and retailers and seeing the results of your work in your everyday life (on TV, online, at events etc)
- Being part of a highly collegiate dynamic and friendly legal team, with a fantastic supportive hiring manager
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
- The role can be part-time or full-time
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal. The recruitment process is fast and efficient.
Mila works closely with the hiring team and will be best position you for this exciting opportunity.
Follow Mila Read on LinkedIn for exciting career opportunities in tech, media and communications.