Our client, Legal Director of a large global technology company, is looking to hire a talented Legal Counsel to be based in Madrid.
The role will suit a transactional or corporate lawyer trained at a top law firm or an in-house counsel with experience in the legal department of a multinational company.
The seniority of the role and package on offer will likely best suit someone with approximately 2-5 years of PQE, although candidates at all PQE levels are encouraged to apply.
Tech sector specific training is desirable but not mandatory as full development support will be provided.
The role offers:
- variety, complexity, challenge and development
- working alongside and learning from highly competent peers and managers, often with top law firm background
- excellent work life balance (longer holidays, hybrid working, opportunity to work abroad several weeks a year)
- competitive package
- an opportunity to move into tech
You will join the company in a commercial legal role working closely with the business units:
- Providing legal support and advice to the business, including new and strategic business across several countries
- Drafting and negotiation of complex, high value contracts and agreements with multinational corporate customers, partners and providers of IT solutions
- Formulating and implementing company’s solutions portfolio and Go To Market strategy together with the respective business units
- Structuring transactions and analysis of relevant regulatory environment
- Developing, implementing, training and overseeing legal policies and procedures for the business
- Supporting the digital transformation processes for the legal department
- Liaising with external counsel and procuring input and advice.
- Commercial or corporate lawyer trained at a top international law firm or in-house counsel with experience in the legal department of a multinational company
- Qualified in the EU or the UK / Ireland / other common law jurisdiction
- 2+ years of post qualification experience
🏄 What you can expect
- Salary + bonus + benefits highly competitive for Spain allowing for a great lifestyle
- Hybrid / flexible office presence (1/2 week in the office, 1/2 week remote)
- Being part of a fun, multicultural and capable legal team of international lawyers
- Great camaraderie within the team, friendly and helpful colleagues
- Excellent work-life balance
- Generous annual leave of 30 days + 14 bank holidays in Spain yearly (8-9 weeks per year in total)
- Opportunity to work outside of Spain 4 weeks a year
- International mobility
🚀 Next steps
Your recruiter is Mila Read, Director at Found Legal.
We have been supporting this client for several years and will be able to answer your questions and best position you for the role. Once shortlisted, you will receive extensive guidance and help with preparation for every interview.
🧑🏽💻 Not the right role?
If you are a technology or commercial lawyer open to a new role within the UK or Continental Europe, please get in touch for other opportunities.
At Found Legal we focus on placing lawyers into international technology companies from start-ups to major multinationals.