Our client, Legal Director of a large global technology company with $3b revenue, is looking to hire a talented Legal Counsel to be based in Madrid.
The role will suit a commercial technology lawyer trained at a reputable firm or an in-house counsel with experience in the legal department of a multinational company.
The seniority of the role and package on offer will likely best suit someone with 5+ years of PQE, although candidates at all PQE levels are encouraged to apply.
The role offers:
- variety, complexity, challenge and development
- working alongside highly competent peers and managers, experienced tech lawyers
- excellent work life balance (longer holidays, hybrid working, opportunity to work abroad several weeks a year)
- competitive package
You will join the company in a commercial legal role working closely with the business units:
- Providing legal support and advice to the business, including new and strategic business across several countries
- Drafting and negotiation of complex, high value contracts and agreements with multinational corporate customers, partners and providers of IT solutions
- Formulating and implementing company’s solutions portfolio and Go To Market strategy together with the respective business units
- Structuring transactions and analysis of relevant regulatory environment
- Developing, implementing, training and overseeing legal policies and procedures for the business
- Supporting the digital transformation processes for the legal department
- Liaising with external counsel and procuring input and advice.
- Commercial lawyer trained at a top international law firm or in-house counsel with experience in the legal department of a multinational IT company
- Qualified in the EU or the UK / Ireland / other common law jurisdiction
- An experienced negotiator with exposure to high value deals
- 5+ years of post qualification experience
- Experience in the tech sector
What you can expect
- Competitive salary + bonus + benefits
- Hybrid / flexible office presence (1/2 week in the office, 1/2 week remote)
- Being part of a fun, multicultural and capable legal team of international lawyers
- Great camaraderie within the team, friendly and helpful colleagues
- Excellent work-life balance
- Annual leave of 30 days + 14 bank holidays in Spain yearly (9-10 weeks per year in total)
- Opportunity to work outside of Spain 4 weeks a year
- International mobility
Your contact is Mila Read, director of Found Legal.
To discuss the role, you can either:
Reach out to Mila on LinkedIn
Email Mila via [email protected]
Use the contact form on this page.
Please mention the position you are interested in.
If you are happy to share your CV, please do.
Keep in touch
If you are not quite ready for a new role right now, but are open to hear about suitable opportunities, please get in touch and let us know what type of positions you’d like to hear about.