Update: this role has been filled. Register with us to hear about similar opportunities in the future.
We are working with a multinational media and communications company with a presence in 140 countries.
Their legal team is seeking to hire a newly qualified lawyer to join their UK team of 12 lawyers.
The role can be based either in the North West of England (Manchester, Leeds or York) or London (there are two legal teams – one in London and another in the North West).
Irrespective of location, the role offers hybrid working.
This will be a great opportunity for a lawyer early in their career offering excellent combination of support and development.
You will be part of the UK legal team headed by the GC for the UK and Ireland.
The GC strongly promotes professional development and the value of lawyers within the company. This is a very hands-on commercial legal role where you will be able to assist with all aspects of legal work.
Core work will involve drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with major brands, media owners and suppliers in relation to all aspects of traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying, together with digital creative production, as well as rolling out new systems and processes for a rapidly growing business.
- become the business partner for a company acting at the cutting edge of the media industry
- provide legal advice to stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- draft, negotiate and advise on commercial agreements (media, advertising, technology, sponsorship agreements etc).
- provide legal support to commercial teams in contractual negotiations
- assist in developing and delivering legal risks training training for senior management
- provide legal support and guidance in relation to strategy and new commercial initiatives
- help to implement best practices in compliance, contracts management, intellectual property, data protection, IT, litigation and/or M&A.
There will be plenty of opportunities to develop professionally, take on responsibility and work with management and international teams as a trusted business advisor.
We are looking for a talented lawyer passionate about media, communications and technology, who is keen to further develop themselves within supportive in-house environment in a role with a lot of responsibility and autonomy.
- NQ – 2 PQE commercial lawyer
- experienced in drafting contracts and other documentation
- qualified in the UK, Ireland or EU. If EU qualified, we would need experience drafting under the UK law
- any media, communications or technology related experience would be beneficial but is not strictly required
💎 What you will get in return
- Competitive package (attractive base salary + bonus + benefits)
- Professional and personal development and training within a well-structured multinational organisation
- Excellent name on your CV
- Being part of working with global household names, brands and retailers
- Seeing the results of your work in everyday life (on TV, online, at events etc)
- Being part of a highly collegiate dynamic and friendly legal team, with a very supportive hiring manager
- Flexible working and excellent work-life balance
📩 Next steps
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal.
The recruitment process is fast and efficient. Mila works closely with the hiring team and will be best position you for this exciting opportunity.
Follow Mila Read on LinkedIn for exciting career opportunities in tech, media and communications.