New role for a German speaking lawyer / legal counsel has become available at one of World’s top tech companies.
Expect: excellent name for your CV, interesting work, superb manager and team, development and career, legal innovation, excellent package and work-life balance.
We are working with a fantastic technology business, whose EMEA team is seeking to hire a talented lawyer with experience in the tech sector / contracts.
Working closely with the commercial team, you will:
- act as a go-to legal advisor to the internal business team
- advise senior management and other functions on legal matters
- draft and negotiate commercial / technology agreements
- support sales contract negotiations
- engage in cross-functional and legal innovation projects
- provide training to business colleagues
You can also have a hybrid role involving other matters that are of interest to you, the team always welcomes extra expertise.
Ideally either Dusseldorf, Frankfurt or Munich – but another city is fine for the right person.
🏄🏽♂️ Flexibility and balance
- There are no set hours – you can start and finish at a time that works for you
- Take extra days off when needed
- A few weeks a year you can work from abroad
- In future you can relocate to another country while keeping your employment
- You can work mostly remotely if you prefer or come to the office
🙌 People centric culture
As one of world’s best companies to work for, the business has a supportive and collaborative culture. 92% of employees are proud to tell others they work here. There is a strong focus around integrity and respect for the individual. You will feel trusted, respected, empowered and looked after.
👩🏽🤝👨🏼 Legal team
This legal team is known for its collegiality. People are friendly and helpful, there is great camaraderie at all levels. They are pioneers in legal innovation.
We have been supporting the team for 5 years. Every team member has been promoted, they are thriving and developing.
- have transparency about your progression
- together with your manager create personal development plan
- get a personal mentor who will support and guide you on your journey
- very 2 weeks learn from subject matter experts (e.g. on IT, IP, competition, Privacy – you name it)
- be part of monthly European “best practice” sessions, regular EMEA legal get-togethers + global training
- have a lot of fun while learning with colleagues – they love their time together
- study courses paid by the company (e.g. legal, soft skills or languages…)
- leadership training
The business will invest considerably into training and qualifications you are interested in.
🏖️ Holidays / days off
Up to 8 weeks per year as a combination of:
- Longer than average annual leave
- Birthday off
- 5 days per year off company wide
- Around 5 days a year off as mental health breaks
- 5 days of paid charity work (support a cause of your choice)
- Buy 1 more week of leave
💶 World class salary and benefits
- Excellent base salary, bonus, pension, benefits
- You’re fluent in German
- You have at least 3-6 years of post qualification experience
- You draft commercial contracts (tech or non tech)
Your contact is Mila Read, in-house legal recruiter with a focus on the tech sector.
We have supported the team for 5 years and wholeheartedly recommend them as an employer to a lawyer who is keen to build a great career in the tech sector without sacrificing day-to-day balance.