Our client is a sought after major multinational technology employer.
You will join a major global technology organisation in a Senior Privacy Counsel / HoP capacity, reporting to Chief Privacy Officer. You will manage 2 direct reports and will act as a successor to the Chief Privacy Officer in the future.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the Privacy processes in the commercial units of the organisation (e.g. Privacy by Design, RoPA, DSRs, Privacy Statements, Vendor Management)
- Act as Privacy Lead negotiator for the privacy clauses within escalated commercial agreements with key customers (day-to-day negotiations are handled by the 2 direct reports)
- Coordinate negotiation guidelines and respective training activities
- Lead transversal projects across various areas of the business
- Implement and monitor new standard contractual clauses
- Help define company’s strategy to move to the Cloud
- Maintain and further define the privacy training program
- Support company’s global privacy program
- Lead compliance of assigned areas under company’s global data protection and privacy programme
- Manage the assigned resources and budget (including outside counsel)
- Lead a team of two direct reports
- 8+ years of experience as a privacy lawyer / legal counsel
- Experience negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Strong knowledge of European data protection laws and regulatory processes
💰 In return, you can expect
- A senior role and career progression
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- Great company culture and a collegiate team
- International mobility
- Excellent work-life balance, flexibility of office presence
- Generous annual leave
🚀 Next steps
Your recruiter is Mila Read, Director and in-house tech legal recruiter at Found Legal. Please apply via the contact page or message Mila on LinkedIn.
We have been supporting this client for over 4 years and will be able to advise whether this organisation would be a good fit to your skills, experience and aspirations and to best position you for the role.