Update: this role has been filled. Register with us to hear about similar opportunities in the future.
We are working with a growing and well established technology start-up in the sphere of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
As Legal Counsel, you will work on a broad range of tasks and develop, together with the Founders, the legal foundations of the business.
- negotiating terms with customers and drafting framework agreements / service agreements and statements of work in the context of experimental technology and SaaS (with emphasis on liability, IP)
- drafting terms of service
- standardising and harmonising all agreements related to stock ownership: shareholder agreements, stock ownership plans, agreements for acquisition of shares
- performing due diligence for investments and potentially even for acquisitions
- leading the creation of DPAs, TSAs for strategic alliances and M&A transactions
- advising on multi-jurisdiction corporate structure; leading the setup of legal entities in other jurisdictions
- ensure overall compliance of our organisational philosophy with existing employment laws in different countries
- support the founders with investments in other start ups
- continuously improve existing agreement templates and create new ones with an emphasis of human-readability
Corporate advisory and housekeeping
- leading execution of shareholder meetings / general assemblies; leading capital increase processes
- writing articles and briefings to internal and external clients on legal insights and the impact of our technologies (eg, AI and ethics; working as a fully remote company; etc.)
- advising portfolio companies on legal issues if necessary
- Work together with the Finance team to conduct share capital increases
Employment and contributor engagement
- developing the legal foundations for the business’ organisational concept
- identifying and mitigating any related risks
- 3+ PQE including in-house experience (commercial contracts + IP highly desirable)
- Ideally experience in a technology startup (previous experience in private equity or venture capital is a plus)
- Passion about technology / AI and openness to a broad legal role within a small, growing, very international organisation
💰 What you can expect
- Competitive remuneration
- Join a cutting-edge technology startup with a big purpose
- Grow with the business and take real ownership
- Influence decisions and strategy working directly with the Founders
- If desired you can add more commercial elements to your role
- Create own small team in the future
- Be part of an organisation with strong values and meritocratic work environment
- Work together with people united by love towards what they do
- Meet your colleagues once a quarter in a new European location
- Work from home or from wherever you like – this is a fully remote, globally distributed organisation (you can live in the UK / Continental Europe – e.g. Spain, Italy, France, Germany or elsewhere in the world)
📩 Next steps
Your contact for this role is Mila Read, in-house tech legal recruiter and Director at Found Legal.
We are working closely with the Founders of the start-up and will be able to answer your questions and best position you for this exciting opportunity.