A generalist in-house role with a tech focus. Autonomy, great career prospects and work life balance.
Our client is a global Tech company looking to hire a lead counsel to be responsible for the UK.
The scope of the role is very broad and includes strategic commercial, corporate, privacy and regulatory matters, with a strong focus on technology.
You will report to Global General Counsel based overseas. The role works closely with the UK’s CEO, CFO and other stakeholders.
Budget: £90,000 base salary + £10,000 bonus based on personal performance.
UK wide – remote or London – hybrid (occasional visits to the office).
A global technology company with ca. 2000 employees, an established presence in Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand and with fast growing operations in the UK. The business has been at the forefront of their sector for 19 years and is expanding via organic growth and acquisition.
This role is a key part of a small in-house team which supports a growing, global technology business with a presence in six major jurisdictions and counting. This is a green field opportunity to make your mark in a global business.
- Be an effective guardian of the UK business and support the development of business strategies.
- Monitor and ensure that the UK business operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in the definition, development and maintenance of corporate policies, procedures and programs for the Group applicable to UK businesses and provide continuing legal counsel, training and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters affecting the businesses.
- Negotiate, draft and advise on a range of commercial contracts with suppliers, third-parties, related-party integration partners and other technology arrangements.
- Advise on all major business transactions, including customer contracts.
- Implement a legal compliance program to help ensure the business is appropriately educated on the requirements of the internal governance system, and applicable regulations.
- Establish relationships with business partners to understand the strategic priorities of the UK business and effectively communicate these to the broader in-house team.
- Proactively embrace and develop expertise in tech used to support the in-house legal team including an entity management system and a contract management system.
- Manage external counsel.
- Manage a paralegal.
- 5+ PQE in corporate or commercial law gained at a major law firm and in-house or on secondment.
- Strong commercial focus with the ability to provide practical, commercial and regulatory advice and support to a business to manage its legal risk.
- Significant experience in each of legal advisory, contract review and management.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, utilising negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve, demonstrating flexibility in approach and provide effective, sensible and strategic legal advice to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, generate ideas for improvement, solve problems and take advantage of opportunities.
Your contact is Mila Read, director of Found Legal.
To discuss the role, you can either:
Reach out to Mila on LinkedIn
Email Mila via [email protected]
Use the contact form on this page.
Please mention the position you are interested in.
If you are happy to share your CV, please do.
Keep in touch
If you are not quite ready for a new role right now, but are open to hear about suitable opportunities, please get in touch and let us know what type of positions you’d like to hear about.