10+ PQE lawyer with six years of experience in privacy and data protection joins a well-known global B-to-B technology company as a member of global privacy team.
A well-known multinational technology corporation headquartered in the US, was seeking an experienced Privacy and Security lawyer in London to report to the Global Head of Privacy.
As a member of a small privacy team, primary responsibilities of the role included:
- Contributing to the team’s ongoing mission to create a world-class privacy and security legal organisation for the company.
- Spearheading legal support for the company’s compliance with GDPR.
- Counselling clients on domestic and international laws concerning privacy, data security, and cybersecurity.
- Assisting business teams on incorporating privacy by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy solutions from inception to end-of-life.
- Advising business teams on various types of privacy plans, compliance, data security, and data breach management.
- Providing privacy and security due diligence and integration for acquired companies.
- Researching and tracking global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations and enforcement, and translating that into practical advice.
- Training employees and other attorneys on privacy and security legal compliance.
After a thorough search and selection process, the team hired a 10 PQE UK qualified lawyer with 6 years of experience as a privacy counsel at another multinational organisation.
The candidate had extensive experience in implementing and maintaining Pan-European data protection programs, training and developing guidance, drafting and negotiating contractual clauses, data transfer model terms, processing agreements, engaging with regulatory authorities, providing general advice and recommendations, leading GDPR implementation projects, and drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial and data processor agreements.
The new team member started in their role in 2018 and immediately made an impact in the legal team, providing expert advice and practical solutions for privacy and security matters.
As of today, they are still employed by the business and have been promoted to a more senior role managing a small team.
Their expertise, dedication, and experience have contributed significantly to the company’s ongoing mission to create a world-class privacy and security legal organization.
Found Legal’s ability to find highly qualified and culturally aligned legal professionals has been key to our success in placing candidates in organizations worldwide.
This case study is an example of our ability to identify, evaluate, and present a candidate who met our client’s needs and expectations.
We are committed to providing our clients with talented, experienced, and dedicated legal professionals who will add value to their businesses.