Our client is one of the biggest IT companies in the world headquartered in the US with 400-strong global legal and compliance team.
Who was hired and what was their role?
EMEA GC, who the role reported to, was looking to hire a senior lawyer to be based in Paris, who would be fluent in English and French with experience working for a US company.
We placed a 14 PQE Canadian lawyer bilingual in English and French, admitted to NY Bar, with experience working for a major US law firm and a top e-commerce company.
- Draft, negotiate and process contracts with enterprise customers: direct sale, RFP / RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, SaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements.
- Responsibility for named customers accounts headquartered in France with operations in EMEAR and the Americas.
- Provide advice and contract interpretation to senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business
- Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
- Review, analyse and maintain standard contracts and other business documents
- Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional process improvement teams
What was the candidate’s background before being hired?
The candidate we placed had trained with and worked at a major US law firm in the US, having then moved in-house (and to Paris) to work for a French telecommunications company and later for a leading e-commerce business.
This person was looking for a more balanced role, whilst being part of an internationally recognised technology leader, both of which the role provided.
How successful was this placement long term?
The new team member started in their role in 2018.
As of today, they are still gainfully employed by the business (as are 99% of lawyers we have placed).