Our client, a well-known multinational technology corporation headquartered in the US, approached Found Legal seeking an experienced lawyer with a background in SaaS products to join their team in London or the Thames Valley area,
UK. The company’s hardware, software, and services are used worldwide by households and major business, and they were looking for someone who could draft, negotiate and process contracts with Enterprise level customers.
Found Legal’s Solution:
After a thorough search and selection process, Found Legal placed a 6 PQE City law firm trained lawyer with several years of in-house legal counsel experience working for a SaaS-based IT service management solutions provider in Reading, UK.
As requested by the client, the candidate had extensive knowledge and experience in commercial, contract and business law, data protection and privacy law, IP and antitrust law, revenue recognition principles, and significant direct experience negotiating complex business transactions.
As a member of the legal team, the candidate’s primary responsibilities included:
- Drafting, negotiating, and processing contracts with enterprise customers: direct sale, RFP / RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, SaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements, and alliance agreements.
- Responsibility for named customer accounts within the UK&I, including FTSE 50 businesses.
- Providing advice and contract interpretation to senior management on the provisions of specific agreements, as well as legal issues that might impact the business.
- Securing proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical, and business issues raised in contract documents.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and maintaining standard contracts and other business documents.
- Participating on and leading departmental and cross-functional process improvement teams.
The new team member started in their role in 2019 and quickly demonstrated their expertise and value to the legal team.
As of today, they are still employed by the business, providing expert legal advice and support to the company’s operations in the UK&I region.
Their knowledge, experience, and dedication have contributed significantly to the company’s ongoing success in the highly competitive technology industry.
Found Legal’s ability to find highly qualified and culturally aligned legal professionals has been key to our success in placing candidates in organizations worldwide.
This case study is another example of our ability to identify, approach and engage candidates who meet or exceed our client’s needs and expectations.
We are committed to providing our clients with talented, experienced, and dedicated legal professionals who will add value to their businesses and in-house legal teams.